Saturday, May 26

Back in the Saddle.

I haven't posted in awhile. Simply because we've been so busy with baby prepping!  We are now at 37 weeks.  Next Wed will be 38 weeks, so the home stretch.  Not going to lie..... I'm freaking a little.

But wanted to put a couple of posts up regarding all of the work that we have done over the past few weeks getting ready for the little man's arrival.  Baby Cloud Gibb is fully developed so the next couple of weeks is just his practice runs for his big debut.  Since that could come really at any time, I thought I'd take this long memorial day weekend to update the blog with fun stories!

Over the past couple of weeks we've: had not one but TWO beautiful baby showers; finished painting the rocking chair; built the changing table and the baby's swing; stocked up on more diapers; completed the nursery more or less (it is at about 99% complete); taken a couple more baby classes at PSL; at least 5 doctor's appointments since the last blog; gotten brand new tires; baby proofed the car; gotten Ellie's shots updated at the dog doctor; and had family come into town, celebrated birthdays and spent time with our beautiful friends while we still have free time! All while building a human!

All in all, its been a WONDERFUL hiatus from blogging but alas, I'd love to update you all on the newest goings on in the Cloud-Gibb household.  I'm writing this on a Saturday night after a 'family' day trip to Boulder for Ellie's vet appointment.  My belly is HUGE.  My feet are swollen for the first time this pregnancy.  The mutt is asleep on the man chair with her pops.  And Joe is mumbling something to me about the sports that I am being forced to watch..... seems like a perfect time to blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment