Monday, August 6

The Arrival of Miles Oliver

Sorry for the hiatus!  Apparently newborns are a lot of work?

Miles Oliver Cloud Gibb was born on June 22nd at 3:27pm.  After stubbornly waiting until 41 weeks and 4 days to come out, he arrived and he was PERFECT!  We couldn't imagine him being any cuter or looking any more like his pops!

The labor lasted 17 hours and was well, laborious.  They induced me at 7:30 the night before.  We made snacks at home, my parents were at our apartment taking care of Ellie and we headed off to the hospital.  We stopped at Chipotle along the way for Joe to get a burrito (he needed to be prepared for all the hard work he had to do).  When we got to the hospital they gave me meds to start the process of labor.  We watched the NBA Finals while we waited (the Heat won) and tried to sleep.  I got in a few hours of rest but Joe literally didnt sleep a wink :)

Once the contractions hit, it was a whirlwind from there.  My sister showed up right in time when the action started.  She had to run out and get Joe because he was shmoozing in the waiting room with family members and everything started to happen.  My mom, sister and Joe were in the room with me when Miles finally made his debut!  They were a stellar support team!  By the way team, Joe cried... no sobbed... the last 30 minutes.  It was pretty adorable if I do say so myself!

Here are the initial pictures from Miles' birthday:

this is what 41 weeks & 4 days looks like
last time at home with just the two of us
heading into the hospital with all our gear
Joe's zone


after-induction waiting picture


proud papa
sad Joe haha.
pissed!

in awe

happy grandpas
much ado about such a tiny human








Auntie B!
Grammie Sammy!
G!




No comments:

Post a Comment